Thread: Razz: Huge pot
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Razz: Huge pot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
7th is a valuebet once both of them check, because they won't ever fold in a pot of this size, right?

[/ QUOTE ]I have a question. I'm trying to figure out why you would "value bet" what might very easily be the worst hand? I mean, you have an 8, no one's board is giving away a ton of info, checking doesn't mean they have no hand, they just aren't sure what everyone has. Any 85 on up beats you.

Seat 2 raised on 4th with what was, at the moment, the worst hand. So I'd be giving him credit for A2-type hole cards. When he raises again on 5th, I'm thinking he has a pretty good 6 draw. (Unless this was .50/1, in which case he could have a King and a pair and do the same thing!) Anyway, I may not understand the concept, but I thought value-betting referred to believing oneself in the lead and trying to get paid off. So, if you thought you were in the lead, why did you think that?

[/ QUOTE ]
3/6 HORSE plays like 0,5/1 at times [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seat 7 obviously is no danger. He bet 6th and would certainly bet a 7 on 7th. After his check, i strongly think seat 2 should bet any decent hand because the danger of me checking behind when i miss is too big but i will pay off a lot if i catch a nine or a ten. And he is an aggressive player as shown by his marginal jamming on the earlier streets. So i figured that i have a decent chance of having the best hand, plus i risk one bet to win two because both this guy will pay off if they hit anything T or better because i could be bluffing given my board.