View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Interesting Draw with situational questions

I'll give it a shot.

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls t1200, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls t1200, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t4650) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Some of the questions that came up as we were discussing it:

1. Do we want a call or do we want a fold? This is a question specific to this hand, but also big draws in general.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does it matter?
[ QUOTE ]
2. What hands are we putting UTG and CO on?

[/ QUOTE ]
This really depends on the player, but in general in a 20$ MTT, I would guess that we have to include a pretty big range. Obv not saying that this is a good range.

UTG: 22-TT, A8-AQ, A5s-AJs, KTs+, KQ, 87s-QJs and &lt;5% KK+.
CO: 22-99, A6-AQ, A2s-ATs, K9s+, KT+, QTs, 76s-QJs
[ QUOTE ]
3. What is the best line here based on #1 &amp; #2?

[/ QUOTE ]
If your opponents are agressive, I like a CRAI here, since that would be about correct given the pot and your stack, and also gives you some FE.

Another option is to bet about 3000, and push any non-pairing turn. I would call a raise AI on the flop, since your draw is huuuuge, and you are ahead of about any hand in their range, except a higher FD or a flopped straight.

[ QUOTE ]
4. Is there a case for folding pre-flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think a fold is fine, given that you can get in problem if you flop top pair. I think there are reversed implied odds working here. I usually call hee though, cause they are soooooooted, but I think that is a leak I have.