Thread: Home remedies.
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Home remedies.

The idea of this thread is for us to tell about home remedies for all sort of ailments, etc.

I have acid reflux. I never been diagnosed with this, but if you get heart burn more than 3 times a week, you probably have it. I used to get it so often that I ate a full "economy" bottle of Rolaids every week.

Further research has shown me that eating these things like this are bad for the stomach. I wouldn't be surprised if upsetting the acid balance by bombarding my stomach with base had actually made it worse. I decided to stop eating these things.

I first attempted to eat bread, to "soak it up." Half a loaf would work, but only for a few hours at most. After a little thought, I decided to drink some milk. One glass actually made it worse, but after a quart, I was fine for a full day. Every day, I drink about 3 cups of milk in the morning, and that settles down the stomach, as long as I stay away from things that give me the burn.

I know many people will say that drinking this much milk is not good for my health. Zantac and other drugs are not good for the body either. I discussed this with a doctor and she said that I was fine to do this.

So there you go The Lounge, give us something to help us get through that fever, headache, etc, but not medicinal. When I get a headache, I take a double dose of Motrin, but I wouldn't mind learning something different.