View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 11:47 AM

Default Re: NL25, hero has a Premium Hand and faces a 4BB bet and a raise to 8

[ QUOTE ]
I think in this situation you can call with a lot of hands, you can pretty much put MP3 on a fairly narrow range of hands, if you can get the original PFR to stay in the hand your just adding more dead money to the pot. Why, because it's really likely that you will get paid off in this spot if you outflop your opponents.

Generally reraise with AA/KK

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure I agree with the first part of this. We're putting in just under 10% of our starting stack and there's a chance that MP2 could reraise and push us off. If stacks were deeper and we had a read that MP2 was most likely to call here (instead of raising or folding), I'd be all for it.

To answer the OP, stack sizes are such that calling to set-mine is marginal. I'd probably push KK/AA and fold everything else if I had no reads. My reasoning is that we're more likely to get QQ/KK (and maybe JJ) to come along preflop than we are are on the flop because

a) An overcard on the flop is essentially killing action from JJ/QQ.

b) Villain may put you on AK, thinking that you'd make a smaller 4bet with AA to keep people in (like he did with his hand).