View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: slapbet countdown

i think its hard to judge seasons until they are done. that being said, i think the awkwardness of how robin has been fitting into the plot will ultimately hurt season 3 overall.

season 2 will always have the fact that marshall went thru so much more (with the break up/re-engagement) and in my eyes made for more fun times. him and lily this season have yet to make really great tv but we're not even half way thru.

but i still have enjoyed all this season's episodes to varying degrees. while some will say it about the office, this show on a bad day is still better than almost everything on tv imo. obv the viewing public doesnt fully agree though.

im not a big tv season dvd guy but i have both HIMYM and they are so rewatchable i would say i have watched the average episode over 4 times when u factor in initial airings, being bored with it still on my dvr and plowing thru seasons on dvd. point being, this show is amazing even if it slumps slightly from time to time.

as for slapsgiving the episode, it didnt live up to the hype but i dont really think it could have. i think the ted/robin thing could have been a few episode arc (i could see a whole episode of those two having to avoid each other being well done by the HIMYM people) rather than going from relapse sex to friendship over to bff all in the span of 15 minutes. and as cute as the "major buzzkill" resolution was, that was more telegraphed than i expect from HIMYM.

fwiw, NPH deserves to win an emmy instead of jeremey piven as ari one of these years.

bob was a great guest star:

his jello shots and his ensuing line about getting f'ed up
waving his cell phone during the piano scene
etc etc

and my favorite line of the night (paraphrased):

i've lost 10 lbs, my suits are wearing me.