View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Re: November [censored] thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was looking at today's crossfit workout. Regarding double-unders man these look tough..I jump rope ocassionally but not double-unders ..whats a good way to attempt to build up to say just 25 reps? Any tips on transitioning to these from regular style jumping rope. Should I attempt to increase my endurance w/ just regular jump ropes before trying these.

I can usually jumprope for only a minute to 2 minutes at most w/o fatiguing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have good consecutive doubles. (I go double-single-double). But I think you should work your singles more if you are doing 1-2 minutes. You could make it part of your warm-up and do a couple minutes. Cutting out an intermediate hop and going off both feet were part of my progress, so maybe that will help you a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

i go double single double as well and today's wod felt like a joke for me when i was trying to do a bunch of double unders while being fatigued from rowing at max effort.

i am buying a buddy lee jump rope as we speak. hoping that will help. pretty sad when the rowing portion was 4 minutes faster than the jump rope portion of the wod.
sad to admit it but i think 10 or 12 "consecutive" was my best without a miss. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

i will let you know what i try to do to improve, but i guarantee double unders and now a fixture in my warm up everyday. gl with them. J.