Thread: $50NL AKo
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Re: $50NL AKo

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why you checked the turn, really. After checking and calling the turn, he puts a weakish bet in on the river, which you call. Good, folding would have been horrendous.

You could have minraised the river to get a little more, frankly, I think he's got AQ/AJ or something like 54s. I see middle pairs like 66 in spots like this more than I should too, once the cards are out.

[/ QUOTE ]

66 is pretty close to what he had. He had 33 for a flopped set. I just can't see a LAG making two 24bb bets with Ax that isn't two pair. I really felt like the river was a marginal call,as I felt like I was beat.

I guess I was just being results oriented.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see lousy lags playing stuff like AQ in this hand all the time, don't sweat it. Your checking-calling the turn looks like you either had a subconscious read on him and felt something was up, but couldn't let it go.

Check-calling is bad to decent-sized turn bets. Turn bets like this are often, but not always, bad news. Check-fold or C/R is fine, but C/C isn't fine here. You have a leak there that needs fixing. Read/reread PNL sections on 'commitment' and hand planning.