View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: $1-$2 Stud Hi, is pushing like this the right play?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His position means a raise on 4th may knock out the other two players, who he'd love to have call, so I 'd just call. Make me last to act and I raise it. Sixth street is just a check when the guy pairs tens, mainly because if he c/r you will not be happy and you can't have a huge edge here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You raise because your cleaning up potential top-pair outs and you have an equity edge. The downside is sliming the field but you will show a greater RIO in the long run. If nobody folds we welcome that as well, every dollar that goes into the pot increases the hero's pot equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like a raise better if you didnt have a dead ace and king out there. 1) you are less likely to hit top pair, 2) if they don't have aces or kings already, villains are less likely to hit top pair so might as well not try to drive them out of the hand.

Given the new info that one player after you is all-in already, a raise is is much more likely to make you effectively heads-up with the bettor which is not really what you want.