View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Laying down AK in a tournament from a Poker Pro Magazine Article

[ QUOTE ]
One last point. If i knew for sure my equity was 57% thats one thing. But I don't. I could easily be much worse than that. Anyways, i like to play all events like they are the main event. Thats how i get better. Finally, i'm glad we disagree, honestly. I have more of a Helmuth style where I avoid coin flips when i can and gamblers make me money. I cash alot and recently cashed for 3rd in the Bellagio Cup because some of my opponents couldn't fold their pretty Ace -high hands pre-flop when we got near the bubble. Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Show me a hand where you are absolutely certain that your edge is X%. Basically what you are saying is that because you don't know exactly what your opponent has, you are not sure you have 57% equity. Well guess what, AK doesn't have 57% equity against any single hand (that I can think of). But it does have 57% equity against a particular range of likely hands. The fact is, you almost never know exactly what your opponent has, but you can almost always estimate a reasonable range of hands and play against that.

Congratulations on your Bellagio Cup 3rd place. However, if you are trying to use that as evidence that you are correct, you couldn't be more results oriented.