View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Zero Rake Poker Business plan

Just a little something else for you guys to ponder over.

What happens when every fish in the country (and out of the country too) is playing on their own homegame network?

For the full thread and background look

HERE

After going back and forth a couple of times with one of the ace programmers here at work, (who's hobby is computer security [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) I now have complete confidence that we can solve the individual server security question. There is a methodology to ensure that the code running any of our individual servers has not been tampered with.

Therefore, if a homegame is running "my" implementation of the open source poker software, the players will know it is safe and that someone has not gotten into it and is now looking at your hole cards. So, if you trust "me" then you will know whatever home game is running "my" software is honest. At least as far as the poker site program is concerned.

"My" software will be running play money games. (your choice of play money rake or not) If and how you handle turning play money games into real money games is left to the individual homegame operators.

Schemes to turn play money into real money is another thing keeping my mind busy. The thing is not to fool the DOJ, it is to do so in a way that they can't do anything about it.

Tuff