View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 08:05 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?
Default But he limped on the button!

Folded around to Wynn regular who limps on the button, I raise in the small blind with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] big blind folds, villian calls.

Read: Villian moved here to try to be a professional poker player, he'd worked as a dealer in his last location. I don't think he succeeded here since he sucks at poker and I don't see him around much. He generally thinks everyone else is awful and he is super good. He plays tight but not too great postflop. He can't laydown an ok hand even if it's obvious he's beat. He doesn't use any of the extra available information from live poker. In general I think the way he plays is he considers his hand strength and what he generally thinks of his opponent but doesn't give a lot of thought to what his opponent might be holding. In one of Mason's books he talks about a kind of player that plays a non self-weighting strategy and is generally loses fastest of anyone. Villian plays tighter then that strategy generally but otherwise approximates it well.

He thinks I'm a complete donkey and it shows when we play hands together. He doesn't adjust to me preflop but postflop he very frequently goes off making bad raises, bluffs, calldowns, the works, and he generaly makes them at all the wrong times.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet, he raises, I 3bet, he calls.

I just felt like a) he would raise an ace on the button, and b) while he might have a J (and if he does raising isn't that bad anyway) he's likely just getting out of line

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet, he pauses, glares at me, and calls.

His look changed the whole hand for me. From where I sat it was the look of a man who now 'has to pay off' and very likely with a better hand then mine.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check planning to most likely fold.