View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 05:15 PM

Default Re: How thin is too thin? 200 6m

[ QUOTE ]
imo the flop is wa/wb if he has AK then im dead and if he has Ax he has 3 outs. I check here with a pretty good range and specifically choose to check this flop.

that being said, maybe betting this flop is always better, but i think i get a bet from a mid pocket pair here pretty often on the turn. Speaking of the turn, who likes flatcalling the minraise? If i 3b can i fold to a push?

[/ QUOTE ]

christ. this is not wa/wb. this is wa. so get the money in. the chances of AK are remote, and if you don't go broke when he has AK you are doing something seriously wrong.

you should absolutely always bet this flop. you are not going to make much money if he doesn't have an A anyway. But if he does, he is going to be happy to get money in, so you need to start helping him out. wasting a street is just stupid.

Forget about trying to maximize value versus mid-PPs. He is as likely to call your CB on the flop as he is to call later on in the hand after the board gets uglier for him. And anyway, don't worry about snapping off 7 BBs against PPs when it costs you a chance to get 100 against a good A.

As for the river, the c/r is good. it is about the least thin river c/r for value i have ever seen. he is calling you all day with AQ, AJ, etc.