View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 10:55 PM

Default 10/20 Party Big Pot - 6 Outs, But None Clean

I was sitting in a room with a bunch of guys and we were collectively playing/watching a hand on a projector when we got in an argument over the hand below.

Sadly, I dont know the specifics and for the life of me I can't find the hand. But, it shouldn't matter much for the general point.

We had 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I think it was 5 players to see the flop in a raised pot.

The flop comes 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

There was a bet and some calls before us and we could expect something like 14-16 to 1 with little fear of a raise behind us.

We have 6 outs but they all suck. If we hit a 2 then someone with a 3 has a straight. If we hit a 3 then someone with an 7 has a straight. So, all our outs are weak (although if we hit a 2 and someone does have a 3 we have redraw to a fullhouse). It is a raised pot thus making a 3 or 7 out their less likely, but the table was full of crappy players so that doesnt mean much.

I thought it was an instanta call given the big odds. Everyone else thought it was an instanta fold. Who was right?