View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 03:24 AM

Default Re: Why Im no longer an ACist

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Though I typically dislike resorting to utilitarian arguments because I am mainly a moralist, Borodog is right when he says that without property rights/capitalism, only stone age subsistence would be possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, more black and white extremist statements.

Your statement above does not imply that curtailing some property rights would be detrimental to our level of subsistence. The world isn't bound by the extremes "property rights do not exist" and "all ("legitimate") private property is sacrosanct and cannot be taken against one's will".

[/ QUOTE ]

"The world" might not be, but I don't see any other arrangements that are logically consistent. So you believe in "some" property rights? WTF are you arguing for?

Seriously, what point are you trying to make here, anyway? If you were just trying to get me to admit that there is nothing holy about property rights, I've already done that more than once. Otherwise I don't see what you're trying to get me to concede/believe.

This ZOMG SHADES OF GRAY arguing tactic is typically used as an appeal to emotion and to avoid the rigors required by logical consistency.

"It is either raining or it isn't."
"ZOMG BLACK AND WHITE EXTREMIST!!!111"