View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: NCAAF Week 13 Early Lines

[ QUOTE ]
I think UGA is huge awesome value at -3. Tech doesn't have a 'true' homefield advantage for one thing (small, unimpressive stadium at least 25% minimum UGA fans). Tech really doesn't have a single position they are better than UGA. Choice is their best player and is very good but UGA is so loaded at RB with Moreno, Brown, and possibly Lumpkin back as well. I am admittedly a huge UGA homer, but UGA should be way better on both lines, with a better passing game, and better running game. defense just played lights out against a good kentucky offense(13 points allowed when the O turned it over 4 times). UGA has something to play for (Sugar Bowl trip even if Tennessee wins). I think the true line is maybe -5 or something. Go dawgs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a Tech grad, and even I can't defend this line. To get me to bet Tech, you'd have to give me like 10 or so. I'm not a sports bettor, so I'm probably the voice of ignorance in this thread, but I just can't see why this line is so low. Georgia has beaten multiple quality opponents this year, and we haven't beaten anyone decent since Clemson on September 29. Georgia has won 5 straight, including 3 over top 25 teams.

Again, I am not a sports bettor, so I probably sound as ignorant as the beginner poker players in the strat forums, but oh well. Bet the house on Georgia.

p.s. Regarding home field advantage, I think the actual setting has more to do with it than the makeup of the crowd, and if anything, it sure helps a lot that it's not in Athens.

p.p.s. To hell with Georgia!