View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Rageotones takes Vegas by storm...(1/4-1/7 TR)

part 8
some drunken late night bally's poker

so after leaving the hotel with about 300, i'm down to a little over 220 at this point (after the bj winnings which i blew at the bar plus some...i think...the math is fuzzy at this point).

i sit in a 1/2 game in the 9 or 8 seat. the second last to the dealer...can't remember if they played 9 or 10 at bally's. i buy in for 160 i think, and start to play.

i immediately donk off a some chips and get down to 130-140 before the first notable hand happens.

this guy bumps it to 20 UTG, and i call w/44 b/c i'm drunk.

flop comes K46 all hearts, and it checks around...again, b/c i'm drunk and have no fear.

the turn brings the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and UTG bets out 30. i go all-in for about 120 total, and it folds back to him. he INSTAcalls, and i'm like, oh [censored]. i guess he flopped the nuts or something.....nope

he turns over AK no heart and is drawing dead. thanks bud.

he starts talking to his buddy who is railing him, but not really railing and actually sitting in a chair fairly close, and the guy sitting out is like, "easy fold man," yadda yadda.

they start talking and i hear him continue, "i mean, in the right game, that's an ok call, but not hear."

so i chime in..."what game do you normally play?"
to which the guy responds, "2/4 limit." to which his buddy kind of chuckles. then i finally realize that apparently he usually plays higher, and is all but insulted at the joke of a 1/2 nl table.

lollasauras rex! wow, you just donked off your chips and you're too good for this game?

he ends up busting less than an orbit later when he open pushes with AJo for like 70 and gets called in 2 spots.

now, the last seat has opened, so i'm the last before the dealer, and there is this guy in the 1 seat with close to 3 million in chips or so (maybe 800-1000). i'd think he was good, but then something happened that i've never seen before even though i've played quite a bit of live poker.

big stack is in the BB, 5 seat open limps, it folds to BB who mucks, and 5 seat takes it down uncontested pre-flop with the power-limp. wow.

the next big hand comes when i limp 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in MP

flop comes the beautiful 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

it checks to the button who bets 10, SB c/raises to 30, and i make it 100 to go. button folds, and the SB calls leaving about 65-70 behind.

the turn is the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and somehow, the money drunkenly gets all-in however it happened.

he shows 67 for two pair, and the river is an offsuit 9 keeping my straight in tact.

lucky me, the button says he folded TT.

sometime later, i limp 56o in mp, and something like 378 w/two spades. i bet out 6, big stack raises to 15, there's one cold call, and i call.

the turn is a 9 giving 2 clubs 2 spades, and i check to the bettor, who bets 25. coldcaller folds, and i raise to 200. he folds.

i was really hoping that would be a big hand b/c he had my covered, and i'm at about 550 after this hand is over.

the last hand i play, i open to 8 with AJo, and the flop comes J86 two spades after 2 callers.

i bet out 16, and both guys call.

the turn is a blank, and i bet out 40, and again they both call.

the river is some meaningless spade, and the first 2 of us check, where the last guy bets 50. i'm a station, so i call, and the big stack folds.

guy turns over 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for the nizzuts.

i steam a little, and tell myself that i'm going to play until i stack the guy, but then think better of it and leave after 2 or 3 more hands. i leave with a little over 400, and i'm ok with that. no need to lose any more doing something tilty and stupid.

i make it up to my room at about 6 or so, and crash out b/c i have to play day 2 of the tourney, and am supposed to be there by 10:45. total beat.

i pass out almost instantaneously....

day 2 +200 (+400 for trip so far)

fyi the #'s are total $$$ in pocket and not a record of how much i made at poker or gambling, but net gains for the trip.

day 3 to come tomorrow...stay tuned