View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: PokerRoom refuses to cashout US player

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I also apologise for the responses that you have received so far.

It is very difficult for us to process any financial transactions to residents of the USA since the UIGEA was passed. This said there must be some way for us to get your money back to you.

As a first step I suggest that you log in to PokerRoom.com and then send a private message to the moderator in the Pokah forum. That way we will have confirmation of all your details and can start figuring out a way to get your money back to you. We can then chase this up from PokerRoom central and work with you to find a way to get your remaining funds back to you.

We will also contact the support teams to figure out a better way to handle these isolated issues. In our defense I should point out that our US players were given fair warning and a number of options to make cash outs after we had taken the decision to close to the US.

The realisation you reached that we have no interest is unfortunate. PokerRoom will always value its US players and we have every intention to open to the USA again as soon as the current prohibition is reversed. Hopefully we can resolve this and let you rekindle your awesome surprise in time for Christmas.

Regards
Lee

PokerRoom.com Team

[/ QUOTE ]

Before making my post directed to Mason, I went back and skimmed through the posts and paid closer attention to the posts from Pokerroom. When I did this, something really jumped out at me from the post quoted above.

Notice how Pokerroom says, "it is very difficult for us to process any financial transactions to residents of the USA...." Note what he did not say. He did not say it was impossible, just difficult.

If it is not impossible, why has it not been done? If it is not impossible, why did the later responses make it seem like it was?