View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Re: 3 biggest net loss hands from last session - New to FR question?

Hand 1: I haven't found going AI with AK preflop to be +EV since 10NL FR. Of course, when I have a read that villain will get silly preflop with Ax, I'll give it a shot, but otherwise not.

Hand 2: Played fine. The only time I wouldn't get it in here is if villain was like...7/1/1. LOL

Hand 3: I almost always check this flop (especially if there is an EP limper). Betting out on the flop will let you know where you stand, but checking and seeing who bets out will give you some information too. As played, you're only ahead of AT and I doubt that AT is raising flop and PSBing the turn and river. Fold to the turn bet, and maybe even to the flop raise.

To be honest, I think it's more like he's ahead/bluffing/splitting, with heavy emphasis on the first one. I think that it's rare that people will bluff against someone in the blinds in a limped pot because there's much less information to go on in terms of putting them on a range. You could very well be here with K6/A6, since you checked your option in the BB. Frankly, I'm surprised he made such a huge bet on the river.