View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Weeds. Season 2. (Possible spoilers to come maybe?)

I'm curious just how long the show can go for. I remember thinking that the introduction of the DEA agent was almost stamping a shelf-life on the show's longevity.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, does Nancy become a worse mother each episode? (and Silas get more angst-ridden and annoying)

[/ QUOTE ]

You hit the nail on the head right there. Nancy is an awful Mom, but, whatever.

But, Silas, holy crap. He is far and away the most annoying, pointless character in television. He adds ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

As terrible and emo/angsty i was as a teen, I still hope death upon Silas. Andy works because he has redeeming qualities, and shows compassion and understanding as much as inept, selfish idiocy. More damaging is the refusal of the show to honestly address why exactly Nancy is staying in the weed game after already having made a few large scores (i got the impression that she decided to keep dealing on through this next harvest once she fully rejected the notion of a life with DEA-guy). I accept the fact that she must stay a dealer for the show to go on, but they still need to address why exacty she hasn't been looking for other means of support that don't directly jeopardize her own children.