View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Sit \'n Go Strategy study group -- Part I: Low Blind Play

It looks like you got a good start. I should have been a little more specific in defining the cases. They fall into two broad categories.

<ul type="square">[*]1) Things that might happen if you play the hand[*]2) Things that might happen if you fold the hand[/list]
If you play the hand, the possibilities are...
<ul type="square">[*] a) You win the t45 from the blinds[*] b) win t100 from one player[*] c) lose t100 to one player[*] d) win t500 from one player[*] e) lose t500 to one player[*] f) stack one player[*] g) you get stacked[*] h) you and another player lose t100 and t500, respectively, to a third player[/list]
If you fold the hand, the possibilities are...
<ul type="square">[*] a) one other player picks up the t45 from the blinds[*] b) two other players play a t200 pot after you fold[*] c) two other players play a t1000 pot after you fold[*] d) two other players play a t3000 pot after you fold[/list]
OK, now go through the exercise of guessing probabilities and calculating prize pool equities (a spreadsheet is good for this... I think there is a link in one of the stickies). You will be able to compare the $EV of playing versus folding. It's the same thing you might do for a cash game hand except the additional step of tournament prize pool equity modeling complicates things.