View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 06:56 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default Re: Indiana sucks--- harrah\'s/caesars

How does it not make sense? Maybe re-read it. What is this stuff about who the game is designed for? Who cares? Again, these hybrid games require strategic changes for good players. Those changes aren't known right now (haven't been written about or discussed in any significant detail, as "normal" games have been).
better read a few more poker books, strategy for no foldem holdem has not only been written about, it has been well covered

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) 1/2NL is almost unbeatable. $6 time charge every half hour + rake is absurd.
I think this is player dependant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't. At those tables with sloppy, inexperienced players, you're lucky to see 25 hands/hour. With a $6/half hour time charge, it costs $48 to see 100 hands at 1/2, so you need to clear 12PTBB/100 to win in the long run. If you factor out the 2PTBB/100ish average 1/2NL rake, it's still not beatable. Add in a fraction of the $1/hand BBJ rake and it's unbeatable (a fraction because there is, of course, some chance you'll win the BBJ...but it's still -EV, though variable on how much $ is in the pot). I don't think it's player dependent
LOL, I guess I need to translate, if you can't beat the rake against those loose ass donkeys, you suck at No Limit.