View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Re: my last post about this ever i promise.

thanks for all the replies, this really is pretty tricky. one part of me thinks it would be a dream lifestyle (play 30 hours a week poker, earn loads, invest, earn more, go out whenever, play golf whenever, go on holiday whenever) but the other part of me imagines having a breakeven month or two, going to play at the tables and seeing no edge, thinking how much i'd [censored] myself over.

i remember back in january when i was really mulling over whether to accept the contract, or whether to ask them if i could defer. my problem then? whether online would still be profitable in september. if i'd know i'd of killed the game from late sept-late oct, i'd of definitely asked to defer.

i will ask them to see if i can defer, the only problem is for them is a) it looks pretty bad what id be asking to do and b) there is no guarentee i'd go and work for them anyway and c) they hold all the cards, they owe me nothing.

i do agree with the sentiment of not burning bridges, but when the bridge is leading to a life of boredom, i think it could be worth burning. but if it leaves me on a island of under-achievement if poker goes badly, then it [censored] me over.

thanks for all the replies, ive read them all and appreciate them all. i'll go ask them on monday/tuesday about possibility to defer. i assume being honest would be best here, saying that i have a really good opportunity to make myself very financially secure and i would like a year to give it a try. they v.likely say '[censored] off, you have only been here 2 weeks' but worth a try i guess.