View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Economic Research Study - Mid/High Poker players and Risk

Hey everybody,

I'm helping one of my profs do a study about risk and behavior, and one of the ideas I gave him was the idea of analyzing the practice of mid/high stakes tourney players who cross-buy with each other (I take 10% of you, you take 10 of me, etc). I don't play anywhere near mid/high stakes, but i've heard/assumed that it is very common for the 'big' tournaments (massive MTT's with enormous +EV but also enormous variance) with huge buyins for players to crossbook with each other to reduce variance.

So he asked, "yeah, but can you get that information"? I told him i might have a few sources... Hopefully...

If there are any mid/high level pros who wouldn't mind answering a few questions and sharing any crossbooking or similar arrangements they have with other pros, that would be utterly fantastic. I don't need to know anything very personal that you'd want to guard. I don't need how big your bankroll is, I don't need your finishes, or your ROI, or any strategy, or stats, or HH's. I also won't make any agreements or deals public. I'd just like to know any of those types of arrangements you have, and ask you a few hypothetical type questions about your aversion to risk.

If anyone wants to help, please PM me, or I can PM you, or whatever. Any information is good information, and it'd be pretty great to get good data on this.

Thanks,

Danny