View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: NL: Why the hate on short buy-ins?

I have no problem myself with people buying in for 20bbs because they like playing a short stack strategy or they are just taking a shot. I do have a problem with a person that doubles up and leaves and makes this way of playing a habit. This is what kills games and makes them less fun and I only play for the fun of the game and to gambol. Say if I am playing a home game with some friends and someone does this hitnrun stategy like fatalerror does I can garuntee u that he will not only not be invited to play with us he will be kicked out of the game cuz that style of playing is completely inconsiderate and that is just a VERY NICE way to put it. Poker is a game, a game that u play with other people and I feel that using this hit n run strategy is not the way to keep this game fun and keep it a game for everyone that is playing. For that reason I think there should be a change in the min buy in or the time to buy back in to the game. I would much rather see the buyin time changed then the min buyin cuz short stakers are usually horrible players.