View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 02:33 AM

Default Re: How did you get where you current are?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I quit my odd going nowhere job and took my beat up car to Toronto where there was a myriad of local club games to chose from. I was alone, for the first time in my entire life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, thank you very much for your response. It was great reading.

However, I have a question here...

All the clubs that I've heard about in Toronto have horrible rake... enough that they may even kill the game in the long term.

How did you manage to survive doing this? Did you find decent clubs with awesome games? Did you find clubs with decent rake? Did you just run super-hot?

Also, did you do anything to instigate those thugs towards fighting you, or was it just that they were pissed about losing money?

--Dave.

Edit: This story sounds incredible, in the literal sense of the word, but it IS possible. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm also curious about where/if you showered, etc, when you were living in your car...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the rake was horrendous and very tough to overcome. The games were, of course, legendary for being the loosest most silly games on the planet. Picture the craziest Party 15 game you've ever been in or heard of and that was what it was like nearly every night there. I just played ludicrously tight, ate the free meals there(hate noodles now), and took what I called a Gambler's Shower every day(wash up in sink in bathroom). Ya so there weren't exactly girls jumping all over me, lol, not that I came in contact with any girls who weren't named Fung or Wang. If I had a super night I would get a room somewhere but not too often. I didn't instigate the thugs, but I know the night it happened one of them lost the most money I've ever seen in a 5-10 game....$3100! Needless to say he was pretty surly, seeing as myself and the rake took most of it. Glad you enjoyed the story.