View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 08:35 PM

Default Re: .

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How much do you guys think playing on tilt cost you in terms of PTBB/100? I am not talking about mega-ai-every-hand-tilt but when you only suspect that you are tilting because you want to write something nasty in the chat box or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
eh, mega tilt, lots of monies.

regular though, i dont tilt as bad. its either full blown monkey tilt or nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tilt with the best of them. I'm talking full blown monkey tilt and usually moving up is included. If I could erase 3 days this year I think I would be making around 8-9 ptbb/100 on the year over 70 some thousand hands at 1/2. As it is With my last tilt session, and worst day ever I'm making like 5.5 ptbb/100 on the year at 1/2. I lost $2600 a few days ago (it did include some 2/4 and a buy in at 3/6). I think some people really underestimate how much tilt hurts them and their winrate. There is a big difference between knowing your not playing your best and playing your b game, and tilting like a retarded monkey on crack and playing your f game. I'm still stuck $700 this month, which isn't much really, but I've had to play way to good way to much to be down at all. Where if I just shut my damn computer off when I knew I lost it, now twice this month, I'd be up at least 2 or 3 k.

No biggie, I'm working on it and know its by far my biggest leak. But I really do admire the people that stay on such even keal. Listening to people like Taylor Caby in videos just inspires me to be so calm and laid back. Its not like 1 or 2 bad beats sets me off. But certain things and a bunch in a row and I just go wild. Whatever, been drinking and rambling just wanted ot say that it costs a LOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think taking shots and moving up without coaching is the most -EV thing a lot of players do.

I mean, I'm pretty [censored] arrogant about my game, and quite certain I am better than most tagfish online, but I'm not going anywhere near 400nl until I'm done with grad school, have more time to put in hands, and can get some coaching, because I'm equally certain there are significant leaks in my game that I just don't notice right now because so many 1/2 players are so bad...