View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 06:30 AM

Default Re: QQ from upfront early in Warmup...Is this ok?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I’ve known Baltostar for quite some time, and I don’t find it the least bit surprising that his way of thinking has encountered opposition on a public message forum.

He may have mentioned his background in trading, but he probably neglected to reveal his other talents, and I assure you if you were aware of them, you would not be so quick to dismiss his advice.

From a garage in Ohio, Baltostar developed a visual language he calls the “Logic Alphabet,” in which a group of specially designed letter-shapes are maneuvered like puzzle pieces to reveal the geometric patterns hidden beneath the symbolic web. For the last five years, Baltostar has been exploring the symmetries and relations inherent in these patterns, which he has made manifest in a series of delicately crafted wooden models and in thousands of pages of diagrams.

Baltostar’s work is based on a discovery that the logic on which our computers run is allied with a geometric structure whose form is a tesseract, or four-dimensional cube. Much of his work over the past half-century has aimed at identifying the one, two and three-dimensional subsets of this group of symmetrical relations.

The resulting models and diagrams, often crystalline in nature, constitute a genuine research project in logic while simultaneously passing through distinct aesthetic phases. Most importantly, these models enable us to manipulate logic symbols spatially. The parallels between his research and the game of poker are obvious.

You should listen to what he has to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting, because reading this actually makes me want to NOT listen to what he has to say even more than before

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who assumed that this post was a joke?