View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 03:21 AM

Default Re: Help with my new 30in-- Possible $50(or more) reward :)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You definitely should have spoken to someone before buying the 30 inch with your current setup. I'm pretty sure your not going to be able to get it to run max resolution.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will definitely run max resolution with a new video card. And possibly, though doubtful, with his current setup.

Let this be a lesson to you all. Never ever ever buy a slim tower PC. Saving 0.5 cubic feet of space is not worth it...ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like an idiot, but I had no idea that I was getting a slim computer. I just reviewed my order and no where does it say I chose a slim tower. I was surprised when I got it.

im afraid that even a low profile card wont fit in the dell slim. its only about 5" wide and looking at the ports i have i dont see how it could fit. my single port+ s-video take up about the entire width.

any other ideas? id be willing to run this something even below 2560x1600 for a while. but 1280x800 is killing me.

[/ QUOTE ]

low profile doesn't work. you need slimline. i got one of those slim dells and needed dual DVI so i got a slimline card that had a single port that split to dual-dvi. doubt it was dual-link dvi but I'll ask my employee which one it was tomorrow and check