View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 01:21 AM

Default broken glass everywhere ,what\'s my play?

So I'm walking down the stairs and the glass I was drinking out of (empty) slips out of my hands and shatters on the tile floor. It's late, I don't know where the vacuum is and whatever. It's in like a million pieces. There's also an oriental rug and some of the pieces are on/in that. I have zero broken-glass-cleaning-up implements at my disposal so I grab some newspaper, I fold up a spread into a little pouch and start putting the pieces in there. This works for a bit. But eventually all that's left are pieces much too small for me to pick up (I was just using my hands). So I get a paper towel, dampen it and sort of use it like a sponge. This also sort of works for a while, except now there's like a glass dust on the tile. I just get more paper towels and dampen them more and clean until there aren't any glaringly large pieces there.

So I sit down upstairs at my computer and my hand hurts, and WTF THERE'S A SHARD OF GLASS STICKING OUT OF IT. And there's another small piece stuck to it, and that wasn't even the hand I was cleaning the glass up with. The hand I picked it up with, my fingers are shiny like they have glitter on them, except it's like finely shattered glass particles. Before I noticed this I already picked my nose, so I'm sure it's up my nose too. I tried washing my hands but it isn't coming off. Also there's probably still a lot more glass powder left on the floor.

What is my play here?