View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Ride With The Taser

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree, what the hell is up with telling the kid to get out of the car for?

[/ QUOTE ]

He was about to be arrested. He refused to sign the ticket (Which is basically a bond saying you'll pay the fine or show up for your court date) so at that point, the next step was to take him in an book him. That was the drivers choice, which he then resisted that as well.

This cop needs some serious conflict resolution training. His job will be much easier if he learns to use his mouth and not his taser. I have little doubt many cops would have had the driver signing the ticket no sweat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly: The speeder was an idiot. The cop needed to explain to him, calmly and with words of one or two syllables, that his options were to sign the ticket or to go to jail, and that signing the ticket was a promise to appear in court, not an admission of guilt. Instead, as soon as the guy says "I'm not signing anything" he tells him to hop out of the car and then to turn around. I don't think the guy even realized at this point that he was being arrested. Maybe the idiot still wouldn't have signed, but I'm guessing that he would have.