View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: First 1000 hands

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Sparky,

As some have said its a fairly small sample (for example no matter how good or bad you play you will likely find a way to win money with KK and QQ longterm, but perhaps not as much as you should) so that's just a measure of sample size that you are losing with those hands.

You should work a bit on your preflop play, and find some spots to raise a bit more preflop. Late position with big suited connectors and any position with broadway suited cards for example are easy preflop raises in those games.

This is to everyone else in this thread: you guys are tough on new people here, wow. I don't read this forum as much as I used to but is everyone so jaded to new players that they just say "read the damn FAQ and stop asking questions noob!", I mean, this is the second thread I've seen today where someone is coming in with a willingness to learn and asking questions and basically getting told "you shouldn't post like this". It's tough for people here just starting out, this is an intimidating place, maybe you guys can scale back on the hostility a little?

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. I didn't swear or torch OP even a little. If we can get the newbs to read the FAQ when they post their first post like this one, maybe we can avoid them putting 10 hand posts on the front page next week.