View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Stars: A Day Without Shortstacking Ratholers

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's probably just a coincidence that they are all gone, and that they are all on vacation this week. I don't actually think they were bots either. One of the reasons being that they came out right after Rolf's book, which wouldn't have been enough time to write a "bot" program.

[/ QUOTE ]

LA,

It's a mighty damn big "coincidence" when both US and euroland short stackers all disappear toghether. What are they doing? Did they all go to the same place on vacation? Rolf having a seminar? I mean they're ALL gone! And hopefully for good. You would think at least one of them would be glad to play without the others since the action should be better. Nothing like two or three of them on a 6-max table to screw the action down tight.

Regarding the not having enough time to write a bot, it just isn't that hard. They buy a pre-canned bot program and then make their own rules. For the tightest that's just AA and KK hands. But with 6-max they *should* play a wider range which is shown by joel's hand above, where they basically decide to chuck it allin with any 4 cards 9+ with at least one suit.

Besides botting, another possible explanation is that one or more of them is doing a ZeeJustin and getting away with not only mulitple accounts, but also sitting at the same table with same.

Again, I just think it odd that they all disappear at once. Also the fact that some of them play a lot of hours would indicate that all of them aren't college students and thus wouldn't be taking spring break at the same time.