View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: omfg online poker rigged?!1

I've seen people use starting hand distributions as THE argument to put to rest "rigged" conspirators. I've seen posts of 100k+ starting hands and they are spot on.

I'm looking forward to the new version of PT. Currently, as far as I know, you cannot filter for such things as flopping sets from pkt pairs or completing a 4 flush or 4 strt on the turn or river. If these sorts of things are distributed properly over many thousands of hands then that will go a long way toward dispelling such accusations.

That being said, if I ever ran the way I can run online in my home games there would be nights where I would never get to play past the flop unless i was on pure bluff. Maybe it is simply the large number of hands that can be played in a short period of time online that makes the difference but in my limited experience online seems to run way more "streaky" than my home game experience with extended cold and dry periods (equivalent to 1 to 3 home games) then bam AA, AK, QQ, KK, AA all in a row before they go away for another 500 hands.

When thinking about rigging who has the means and the motivation? Well, online playspace does not have to be "random" and so many players can be "groomed" in playspace to think the game is eazy to beat if the server is programmed to complete drawing hands more often for example. The playchip masters then go over the $ side .... then there would be motivation (by online sites) to make sure the new $ player has a good early experience to be certain they become regular victims of the rake. If they sit and lose all their first outing they may never return to the online $ game.

Anytime $ is involved in anything there will be criminal activity, its simply a fact of humanity. It for certain happens on the player side online, whether or not the online sites get involved is altogether another question. One thing is for sure: the temptation and opportunity exists. But that alone is not evidence. Do I think it happens, I have no idea. Do I care, not as long as my BR, on average, grows.