View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 11:40 PM

Default A great big WTF to this guy

So I'm in the library this afternoon. I'm sitting at the public workstations, trying to get some work done (AC is out in my office).

They've recently remodelled the library, and stuck in the middle of the public workstation area, amidst the comfy chairs and sofas, are three ~30-odd inch LCD TVs, apparently hooked up to video game consoles. Earlier, a guy was playing Guitar Hero on one (he sucked).

Then, out of the mists, comes this guy:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cH97ymdZdsk

Now, I would not normally be phased by such an event. Dude wants to be stupid in public? Whatever. You go girl. But after about 20 [censored] minutes, it starts to get really, really old. Now, I know what you're thinking: move. Must be another workstation in the library. True. But why should I have to move? Why in the name of all that is not [censored] stupid would they put [censored] big screen video games in the middle of the LIBRARY, and why in the [censored] would you make DANCE DANCE [censored] REVOLUTION ONE OF THEM?

Besides, in a sick way, I wanted to know how long he would go. Everybody else in eyeshot of this was fascinated as well. After a while, we started noticing each other staring, and total strangers started sharing looks where we just shook our heads. So after 20 minutes, I took my digital camera out of my bag and shot this, along with about 5 more minutes of footage. That finally broke the spell, and I packed up and left, library-jammie-DDR-guy still going strong behind me.

Feel free to share any stories of people doing stupid things in public (like starting this thread).