View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Countdown to CFA Level I

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My opinion on the ethics section (my only credentials are that i passed 1/2 first time so not that great) are that u shouldnt spend too much time revising it. % wise its only about 10% of the test, and moderate revision will get you 60% right on it. After that, its hard to get full marks because there will be a few questions that are SO hard/ambiguous/trick you that you're going to be lucky if you get them right. Or you could do insane amounts of practice and hope to see every trick. The point is that extra time is much better spent on practicing the numerical questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

ethics is actually 15% iirc which makes it the biggest/most important part of the test

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not the biggest/most important aspect of any of the tests because of % of questions...I don't remember exactly how they are split up, but I was at the info session just yesterday and there is at least one more heavily-weighted area on each level.

That said I have heard some anecdotes about the ethics part being more heavily weighted/automatically failing if you fail the ethics part etc. I cannot speak to the truth of these anecdotes. Does anyone have anything to add here?