View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 09:17 PM

Default two big pots with AQ

Hand #1: game has gotten shorthanded. LAG/caller makes it $65 to go on the button. I make it $200 to go from the SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He thinks a long time and calls. He's loose, he bluffs, he calls, he does it all.

He has $2000, I cover.

Flop:

Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet $300, he calls.

Turn:

9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, he checks. (My intention was to c/r allin.)

River:

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

River action?

Ppl like the turn plan?

Hand #2, this one's easier but still interesting perhaps

One very bad calling station limper calls, I pop it to $100 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] from MP, tricky/wild/bluffy guy calls on the button, calling station calls b/c that's what he does. I have 2K, others cover.

Tricky guy has played me before, he knows I'm tight and capable of laydowns and that I tend to have big hands when I get the money in.

Flop:

A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Calling station checks, I bet $200, tricky guy makes it $475, calling station folds.

His range here is very wide. It is obvious that I am going to do my best to get the money in here. If I smooth call and check to him he may or may not smell a rat.

Best way to maximize win vs. tricky dude?