View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: MIT Dean of Admissions Resigns, Fabricated Credentials

Everyone seems to be commenting on the "irony" of the situation, but it seems to me that OF COURSE she would push for there to be less academic pressure since she herself could not stand up to it.

Frankly, I think it is overblown. I understand the Institute's position, but it still sucks that even though she earned her position today by moving up the ladder (starting at a position where her credentials were essentially unnecessary) and demonstrating that she could do the job. Those pieces of paper have too much weight attached to them (but then, that is why I am putting up with hell in the first place).

Also - as much as certain generations like to bitch about her "millenial" paper, I don't care - there IS a lot of truth to it. This place is CRAWLING with the very generalizations she pointed out - just no one wants to hear them because they think they're special - something she points out in the paper as well.

And dammit - part of the reason I applied in the first place was the application was awesome. I loved her phrasing of what MIT was and what they were looking for. She has the right ideas about what this place should be.