View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 05:30 AM

Default Re: The APPT Macau: The First Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament in China!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi I have advanced to step 6 for the APPT-Macau and have been excited to play it until I realized something important, I never have traveled outside the U.S. so I have never purchased a passport. The tournament is a little bit over three weeks away and I am wondering how long does it take to actually get a U.S. passport? I have heard anything from 3-6 weeks, is there anyway to get one faster or perhaps something temporary?

[/ QUOTE ]

Expedited processing is available if you are willing to travel to a regional passport agency and pay the expedited processing fee of $60.

You will get your US passport within 14 days.

You will have to make an appointment with the nearest regional passport agency.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/abo...ncies_913.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info and I have an update, I have qualified for APPT-Macau on step 6 but I looked at the list of the nearest regional passport agencies and the closest is Chicago and I live in North Dakota. This would not be worth it for me to travel their just to expedite the passport. I also emailed stars about somehow selling the seat and they said it cannot be done no matter what. So tomorrow I will go to the passport agency in town and hope to get it here by the time I leave, which will be the 20th or 21st.

[/ QUOTE ]

The regular passport processing center is backlogged. 6-8 weeks with regular processing. You have almost no chance of getting your passport on time if you apply for your passport at your post office.

Expedited processing at a regional passport center is the only way to get your passport in 14 days. Either you do it yourself or you hire an agent to do it for you. You have virtually no chance if you use the post office.