View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 03:37 PM

Default Re: 1/2 Stud High: 4AA 5th Street Decision

[ QUOTE ]
If the Jacks aren't going to bet -- then I think you have to bet sixth rather than give the free card. One bet should go in on sixth, IMO -- better for me to bet. Even though he is correct to call sixth with the draw, it should be bet.

Better to be passive on seventh and check - call, aces up and only bet-call trip aces or better or be really passive and check call anything other than a full house. This way you earn some money on sixth.

I will let you decide if I bet JJ with a four flush when we play or if I bet unimproved on seventh to get you to fold Aces after checking sixth. I think Jeff had a thread long ago about checking sixth and betting seventh as a bluff unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are about even money vs a 4 flush and jacks (your cards are dead, do some sims on twodimes.net)

Check calling the river is correct if he check behind 6th because that way you know he is going for a flush. If he bets 6th, then he probably is on 2 pair. He is likely to check behind 2 pair on the river, so you need to bet aces up in this case. As you can see, by betting 6th, the correct play on 7th with Aces up is clear...if you had bet, then you are just guessing on 7th.

Yes, I remember that thread. I was the one who suggested checking 6th and then bluffing the river. If you recall I was talking about playing 75/150 LIVE which is a MUCH different game than 1/2 online. (Live players tend to fold too much on the river).