View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 03:18 AM

Default Re: The Life Cycle of a Poker Player (and my thoughts on live vs online)

i think its absolutely hilarious that some people on here actually think someone is on the decline mentally by age 30. you guys are looking at the wrong reasons for young players' success if you think its because mentally they are superior.

it has far more to do with the amount of free time and willingness to take risk because of lack of responsibilty for anyone other than yourself and also being much more computer savvy than older people, basically alot of you were in the right place at the right time of your life, and not because of some inherent superiority of having a young mind that gives you an edge over someone a little older. i also think the top young players will easily get better through their 30s and 40s as long as they continue to apply themselves and dont burn out or lose interest.

new and better players will always come along, because they will take knowledge thats available and improve on it. the best players will also be leaving the game when they realize there are far better ways to make money once you have a decent amount of capital