View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 09:51 PM

Default Re: The Queen Bee Wins the White House: It is almost a Lock

[ QUOTE ]
My predictions:

-You will see evangelizing by Republicans and Conservatives like never before. Both will be so appalled that they will take political activism to a new level.

-Conservatives may feel so let down by the Republicans being unable to defeat Hillary that they may split and form a new political party. The new political party would doubtless draw supporters from both parties, depending on the platform formulated. This would be the end of the Republicans, possibly the Democrats as well, and supplant the present two party system with a different one.

- There would be endless investigations by Congress. The Democrats will undoubtedly loose control of one or more legislative bodies. The political gridlock will make the present political gridlock look like Mr. Rogers neighborhood.

- Bushhate (TM) will be replaced in the left leaning media by Hillarylove (TM) as the mantra to dominate the news 24/7/365. Meanwhile, the conservative media will incorporate Hillaryhate (TM) as the alternative choice.

- Government will grow, or try to grow exponentially more than Bush has even imagined. The economy will suffer, the misery index will be reborn. People will really internalize the fact that government is not their friend. Government expansion will happen in the face of vehement resistance from people of all political stripes.

- In short, the political apparatus of our civilization would become more disfunctional than it already is and everyone will be sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Democrats were going to leave for a Conservative party they would leave to become Libertarians or Republicans. I see no major movement of Democrats to a new Religious party.

If we are going by polling and money, Democrats are expected to gain seats in both houses, and the Senate map is worse for Republicans in 2010 then it is now, i see no reason to think that Democrats barring a major misstep will lose either house.