View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 07:31 PM

Default Live 6/12 flopped set turn play/general line check question

This is my second orbit at the table, villain (small blind) is a standard 55-60 year old guy, no reads yet except he hasn't raised yet. Table seems to be playing like a standard 6/12 Canterbury table (for anyone that's played there), meaning loose-passive. Usually 5 or so to the flop, often at least 3 to the river, but again, I just sat down.

I'm in MP (UTG+3) with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Preflop:
UTG folds, UTG+1 limps, one fold, I limp, hijack folds, cutoff folds, button goes all in for 10, villain raises to 16, big blind folds, UTG+1 folds, hero calls.

At this point I'm getting 4.4:1 on my call, and I figured I'd make at least 3.5 big bets (and maybe more) with a flopped set and called. He seemed like the type that would only raise very strong hands here (JJ+/AK). This might have been a bad call, I know its prpobably close. Thoughts on preflop play are definitely welcome.

Flop comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain leads out, hero calls.

My thoughts were that he likely had a big pair (body language, general experience at these stakes/games), or at the very least a hand he deemed very strong like A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] . I figured he's definitely firing the turn and I might as well wait until the bet doubles to demonstrate the strength of my hand.

Turn is the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Now there's a three flush, but it doesn't particularly worry me. There's really only one hand I can see him having here that made the flush (A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ) but that seems extremely unlikely to me. I don't like that a big card hit since I put him on a big pair, but I'm still pretty confident.

Villain checks (very weird), hero bets, villain raises, hero ??