Thread: in over my head
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 02:48 AM

Default Re: in over my head

[ QUOTE ]
So I find myself sitting in a 1/2 game again, feeling somewhat over-matched aside from two obvious weak spots. The villain here is a TAG, possibly a pro, and probably views me as weak. Earlier he opened on the button, I defended my BB with KTo, c/c a low paired flop, c/r T turn, bet out Q river and won the pot (he called river but did not show his hand -- but he did show his neighbor and the ensuing conversation suggested he had flopped a low pair with a K kicker).

So obviously he's raising with a wide range OTB -- but just how wide can I assume that range to be?

Anyhow we're 7 handed at the moment and he open raises on the button again, SB folds. I have A7o in the BB. Now is this a mandatory 3-bet?

I just call, and the flop is KQxr. Can I just c/f here or am I just giving away money by playing this way?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no way I'm folding this in a live full ring game where I'm bored out of my mind and can pick up on physical tells. You're ahead of his range 30% of the time so you're getting decent odds. You just have to play well on the turn and river, you can't just be blindly calling down. 1/2 online vs a reg, yeah fold.