View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Stars: Buy the FPP bonuses before it\'s too late?

it just lets them look at a bunch receipts as far as I can tell.
Personally, I'm not thrilled with sending Stars receipts of the various things I buy. Almost feels kind of nosy.
But I'll be doing it a bit more frequently to get the better rate.

It almost starts to feel like, "we will pay to learn more about your private life/purchases."

I just did it recently to pay for a trip to a wedding.
So now Stars knows all my details of my trip and it just feels strange that they should care about all this dumb crap from my life or that I should have to tell them just to get more money.

don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be ungrateful and I guess I appreciate the extra cash. And I'm really not that insanely private about my life or anything either.

But they essentially paid an extra $70 or however much more I made via concierge vs points-for-cash just so they could look at my receipts and be able to say:
"Hey Look!! Bob is flying from Florida to Baltimore and then staying at the Hampton Inn for 3 nights and while he's there is renting an Impala and he bought the happy-couple some mugs and a lazy-susan on JCPenny online. Exciting!!!!"

I guess I'm just used to taking my money and then getting to spend it as I choose without having to tell anybody about it....except the IRS somewhat I guess.