View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Photo radar & speed cameras: Are they in your town? (pic)

This might be a rumor, but I heard that some states were trying to figure out a way that they can give people who use EZ PASS speeding tickets based on the amount of time between toll plazas. So if you take the speed limit multiplied by the distance and you make it there sooner, they know you must have been speeding.

I would be fine with these cameras if they put a high threshold, like way above the speed limit, so that you're only getting the dangerous speeders. Obviously, with an automated system, you could just be getting everyone that goes over, but I think like 20-25 over might make sense.

I drive 15mph over on pretty much every road, but thats consistent with what everyone else drives.

Twice last week I was pulled over on Comm. Ave in Boston in one of those cattle roundups. [censored] annoying. There is a red light at the top of a hill, then there is another hill right after. So when the light turns green you are going down a hill which causes you to naturally speed up, and you are approaching another hill, so you speed up to prepare for the hill. The cop waits in that little valley, and right as the light turns green, and the cars take off, he comes from behind a row of parked cars, stands in the middle of the road, and makes all 4-6 cars pull over. Comm Ave. out by BC is like a four lane divided highway, and the posted limit is [censored] 30. Ugh.