View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 11:28 AM

Default Re: The best o8 nl hi/lo player on full tilt

I have been playing the $400 and $1K buyin in games now for about a month and a half.
By way of background, I am an overall 3-4 BB/100 player at these mid-high stakes level for PL08 but play part-time (less than 10k hands a month) and keep a relatively small bank roll, (Between 10k and 20K). While I recognize the names of most of these players, some of whom are superb full buy-in PL08 players whom I fear in PL08, I think NL is so much more of a limited game (by limited, I guess I mean allows for a player to limit the arsenal of his opponents) as to really eliminate most advantages between “good” and ‘great” players. By that, I mean any “good” player who knows the math by employing either a short stake pre-flop all-in strategy, or buying in medium and employing an all-in on the flop strategy can negate the advantage of the “great” players. That said, I think both of these types of players enjoy an even larger advantage over the average to poor players…and generally less aggressive players. I’m doing very well in this game, and I don’t claim to be a “great” player, and that is mostly because the structure of this game and my chosen buy-in has negated the advantage of the players that I tend to fear.