View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 09:16 PM

Default Word Perfect Help

Hi Everone:

We're a little old fashioned here at Two Plus Two, and I still wotk in Word Perfect when it comes to our book manuscripts. Recently I have a problem I have never seen before.

When I receive a manuscript from an author, it almost always comes in Microsoft Word. So I copy it into Word Perfect 11 and then begin the process of editing, formatting, spacing, etc.

But what is happening which is causing some concern is the file will look perfect on the screen (in Word Perfect), but when I print it out little spacing problems appear, and they seem to appear at random. Occasionally, an extra space will pop into a word, so it will look like this: wor d

or more often a space will be missing between two words so they will look like this: twowords

but again the file looks just fine on the screen.

What's also unusual is that if I convert the Word Perfect file to a PDF, it appears to come out perfect (on the screen and when I print it). That is no extra spaces and no deleted spaces. Also, as far as I can tell, there are no hidden codes embedded in the Word Perfect file.

So does anyone have any experience with this? and if you do, is there a way I can correct it?

Thanks and best wishes,

Mason