Thread: TLDR Beer Club
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 10:48 PM

Default Re: TLDR Beer Club

Alright. Continuing my theme of "Unusual Imperial Fall Seasonal Ales from Breweries I'm Lukewarm About," tonight's review is the Imperial Pumpkin Ale from Weyerbacher. Ran me a modest $5.89 for a 22 ouncer of 8% ABV beer.

The beer pours a reddish brown. It has a decent head in the photo, but that's mostly due to an aggressive pour on my part. The head dissipates almost immediately.

When I sniffed this beer, there was only one thought going through my head: "Spice!" The bottle advertises cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, and cloves prominently on the bottle, and it seems that it delivers. Yes, yes it does. This is one of the spiciest beers I've had yet, right up there with Stone's 070707 Vertical Epic. The malt behind this is a perfect match. Just sweet enough and toasty. I'm going award this beer [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].25. I'm going to have to bust out the quarter hearts again for this one. I highly recommend this for anyone who's a fan of spicy beer or pumpkin ales in general.