Thread: Job help thing
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 01:50 AM

Default Job help thing

So yeah, first time poster, long time lurker, etc etc.

Anyway, for a lot of reasons I'm not gonna go into as they are very tl;dr I'm gonna be getting married in jan. This was a pretty recent idea as we had planned on getting married sometime late in the summer but again, lots of tl;dr stuff has made the change necessary.

Basically I don't make enough money. I'm getting like 13ish an hour but it's very part time, which was fine with me until now. The future missus is making about 1k a month working with special needs kids like 25 hours a week, but I imagine she'll move that up to full-time...

Anyway, I need a better job and soon. We can deff survive on what we're making + what my parents are giving us for our wedding present. (They're paying half my rent and my car + insurance for the next year and a half or so after we get married, so obv 2k or so is sufficient for where we live).

I need to find a job that fits the following criteria but also isn't ridiculously difficult to get into.

1) 40 hours a week at $9+ an hour.

2) Some benefits. We need health insurance and such unless I'm making a really nice wage. Paid time off is a bonus but not a necessity.

3) Either a possibility at real advancement or at least a good resume builder so that I can get a better job a few years down the road.

Basically I'm just looking to take us from "getting by decently" to "getting by decently + saving decently" and lowering stress with included health insurance and such. I'm not so naive about us that I think financial stress won't hurt our marriage, etc, and would like to take responsibility for that one myself and find a good job.

I'm really looking for some serious advice but feel free to poke as much fun at me as ya want :-)