View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

[ QUOTE ]
no.. what i am saying is that gold believes he has the best hand at that moment. i is aware that his flush is vulnerable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea why you would think Doyle would ever have AxQs there. Explain how that makes any sense based on his pre-flop, flop, and turn action.

[ QUOTE ]
the way i see it, gold did not want doyle to call his raise. he wanted the fold and to take down the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he was just thinking that he made his flush, and was going to get money in the pot, and try to make it look like a bluff. Not much beyond that. Which is what had Doyle a bit confused.

[ QUOTE ]
yet he did not want to simply call doyle, or min raise him (or a little more like 75k). if he had the nut flush he would have surely done one of these things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure you're wrong there also. He would have played the nut flush the exact same way. They have $500K stacks, and Jamie just made what looks like to him like a monster. Of course he's going to pump it.

[ QUOTE ]
i believe that you are right. yet, i think that if doyle had taken more time (if it is to believed that there wasn't a chunk of time edited out of the broadcast where doyle actually did spend some time thinking) that he may have reasoned it out that gold was not very strong with his raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he might have sniffed it out. But like I said before, QsTs (and to a lesser extent JsTs) are such huge possibilities for Doyle, and Jamie was so cocky he didn't seem worried about them at all. Which made him think the kid must have the Qs. I'm sure he considered the possibility of a lower flush, but wasn't willing to put $100K in when his read had him drawing dead.